Djembe Communications 2nd Webinar to Focus on Jobs that will Transform Africa by 2020
Join the live webcast with leading thinkers at http://djembeinsights.com/webinar/ on Thursday, June 9th –Timings of webinar according to regions: 16:30 GMT | Angola – 17:30 | Ghana – 16:30 | Morocco – 16:30 |Mozambique – 18:30 | Nigeria – 17:30
May 24, 2016 | Ghana | Nigeria: After an insightful first webinar focusing on women entrepreneurs, Djembe Communications, the Pan-African communications consultancy is geared to host its next webinar entitled “Africa Jobs 2020” on June 9, 2016. The live webcast will address the topic of youth employment with entrepreneurs being the continent’s game-changers of job creation and paving the way for entrepreneurship opportunities for youth across Africa.
Renowned panelists including leading African influencers and business leaders will share their perspectives on how the employment, entrepreneurial spirit, and new technologies can work toward ensuring that all young people in Africa have access to building more prosperous livelihoods.
• Patricia Obozuwa Director Communications & Public Affairs, General Electric Africa
• Chude Jideonwo Co-Founder and Managing Partner, RED
• Nelson Amo Chief Executive Officer, Innohub Ltd.
• Takunda Chingonzo Co-Founder, Neolab Technology
• Jeremy Riro Principal Consultant, Fie-Consult
Referring to a recent research report1 commissioned by Djembe Communications, Kevin Nolan, Director – International for Djembe Communications, commented: “Job creation is truly the most important issue for the future of the Sub-Saharan region, with the largest percentage (48%)1 of survey respondents recognizing its significance. Moreover, African leaders at the recent World Economic Forum in Kigali discussed the various challenges for job creation in Africa, focusing on opportunities for public-private partnership that will generate more jobs and higher living standards in Africa as a whole. At Djembe we are committed to leading conversations around how the continent addresses this dilemma and greatly look forward to hearing the perspectives of our esteemed panelists and participants.”
The webinar is being held in partnership with the African Innovation Foundation, the organization dedicated to innovation-led socio-economic development in Africa, RED, a youth engagement and marketing digital agency, and G.E. Africa, an organization moving, building, powering and curing the continent with innovative and sustainable solutions tailored for each country they serve in the region.
TUNE IN AND SHARE YOUR THOUGHTS
1) Tune into the kick-off webinar on Thursday, June 9, 2016 from 16:30 – 17:30 GMT via live stream by clicking here http://djembeinsights.com/webinar/
2) Share your thoughts, insights and reactions live in our Twitter Chat around #IPA2016 on June 23, 2016 at 11:00 GMT.
3) Be part of the social media photo contest #ReimagineAfrica – 1st to 30th of June. Please tag us on Facebook, onInstagram @djembepr and Twitter @djembepr
4) Read the latest blogs on the topic from our community and beyond http://www.djembecommunications.com/news/
1. The research report, entitled “Job Creation in Sub-Saharan Africa: Entrepreneurs. Governments. Innovation.” was commissioned by Djembe Communications, the Pan-African communications consultancy and conducted by Forbes Insights. Download the entire report from here.
About Djembe Communications
Named after the West African drum, Djembe Communications is an independently owned, pioneering Pan-African consultancy with a mission to become the communications partner of choice in sub-Saharan Africa by combining global expertise, local market capabilities and customized solutions to deliver best-in-class services to clients.
Djembe comprises an organically grown international network with local market presence in Angola, Ghana, Morocco, Mozambique, Nigeria, Switzerland, United Kingdom, UAE and the USA. The consultancy’s continued expansion builds on its remarkable success achieved in just one year and half by providing leading industry recognized capabilities. In the first half of 2015, Djembe received a PRSA Silver Anvil Award of Excellence for the Consultancy’s Reputation Management Program for the Fundo Soberano de Angola (FSDEA), Angola’s $5 billion USD sovereign wealth fund. Djembe was also a finalist for the Holmes Report EMEA New Agency of the Year, SABRE Awards EMEA Gold, and IPRA Golden World Awards, making 2015 a break out year for the young Pan-African consultancy.
Olivio Gambo | firstname.lastname@example.org | Mobile: +244 923 614 857
Lerato Chiyangwa | email@example.com | Mobile: +971 56 771 4540
Toyin Dania | firstname.lastname@example.org | Mobile: +233 263 699 195
Alexandra Antunes | email@example.com | Mobile: +258 820 236 019
Babatunde Aribido | firstname.lastname@example.org | Mobile: +2348065499972